Friday, December 28, 2018

Simple lesson from life

I realize what the role of crone is: reminding people that they are not too old to dream. Why is it my role, because when I hit my late 30's I felt old. So old that I gave up on dreaming. I doubted myself. Doubted my will, my magic, my way. But now in hindsight, I wish I had kicked my ass. I am in grad school, editing my books, working, and living and I see years I wasted because I believed myself too old. What if I had done one of these things at 37? I would have a Masters. Or I would be 4 1/2 years away from early retirement. Or I would have books for sale. So the lesson is: DON'T WAIT. School will still be school. That story will still need telling. So the lesson is simple. Believe in yourself, and do the impossible. You might be surprised at what you can achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment